Friday, January 27, 2012

Today...

I just applied for astronaut!

In 2008, I applied and kept it a dire secret, fearing admitting I applied AND didn't get selected was the ultimate demise.  Then three and a half years later, I grew up and realized there are SO many worse things that could happen.  Like the marshmallow man from Ghostbusters storming inside my new house and getting it all gooey.  Not that I have such nightmares or anything.

So now it's 2012 and I am hoping that decaring my excrutiatingly painful need for becoming an astronaut known to the world will bring me good luck.  The world...my blog readers.  Same thing. Right?

Here's the insider info.  First sign that you may get selected is they actually contact your references.  It's the slightest of hints but quite a big deal.  Second, of the 3500 applications, they give 120 interviews.  Then it gets cut down to 40.  Then it's however many they think are qualified for what they need.  8, 10, 17.  Probably 10 or 11 though. 

And that's why I am making myself not pretend I have a chance.  I am leaving it to yall to help me.

2 comments:

  1. You are so rad, my dear. I am sending good luck thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Reyes! I wish sometimes that I didn't have dreams...

    ReplyDelete