Thursday, December 17, 2009

My feeble attempt to get over it...

Laziness that is.  Getting over laziness means cooking. I know what you're thinking-she's talking about being lazy again?!?!?  But contrar my dears...I am actually talking about being un-lazy today.  After my last blog, I found motivation.  Now, don't get me wrong.  It wasn't my normal self-motivation.  But, ahem, motivation is motivation, if I do say so myself. And I do.  First entree was for me, myself, and I.  The three of us savored the aromatherapy of Asian cooking.  A dash of soy sauce and a hint of ginger keeps the doctor away.  Maybe even the neighbors.  And the dog.  Don't even try your breath on little kids.  They will embarrass you.  Like when your 5 year old niece asks why you have that one hair on your neck, because, well she doesn't have any hair there.  Yeah, just wait Trishie.  I've got one word for you.  Puberty.  There.  I said it. 

Anyhoo, back to my stellar meal.  I started with a little egg drop-Mamta-made-up soup, and as it turns out, I'm a pretty good cook!  I do love me some Asian cooking.  And this soup filled me up with all the warm tinglies a good soup does on a cold (-ish) winter (ahem, I use winter loosely) day.  Aaah the life.


After a bout of dishes and lazing around (oops, guess I am going to talk more about being lazy...but this is after working-it's an excused lazy...right?), I was back at it for yet another holiday party.  This one was at my girl Laurie's house, and if anyone knows Laurie, you know it was going to be a straight up feast.  So, I did my part to add to the feast.  I broke out the ol' rolling pin from India and went at it.








The final outcome was these party-goer-devoured cheese straws.  No, kids, they are not french fries.  And yes, they do have pepper in them.  Coarse, freshy ground black pepper.  I know-grown ups just don't appreciate the kick pepper gives.  It's so commonplace now.  Shame on our taste buds.  Salt and pepper is often all you need for an oh-so-scrumptious appetizer.  Oh and cheese of course.  Lots of cheese.  This is my adaptation of the to-die-for SmittenKitchen blog recipe.  What?  You have never heard of SmittenKitchen.  For real?  Well you better get at it.  http://www.smittenkitchen.com/  Go on.  Click it already.  It's fab.  And I do mean fab.  Fair warning-no browsing while hungry.  You've been warned.

And so this was my party-goer-induced-motivation-so-I-uphold-my-love-to-cook-reputation day.  Take that laziness.  Boo-yah!

1 comment: